The English Department of Al Iman School, Girls' Section, has a total of 11 trained teachers in addition to the librarian and an assistant teacher. The faculty works tirelessly towards achieving its goal, which is improvement of the students' standard in English.
The Goal of the Department:
- To enrich students’ mental abilities and develop thinking in English.
- Empower our young Muslim women to guide and lead the country.
- To develop students’ language level in the four basic skills.
- To prepare students for higher education and gear them to take their rightful place in society.
- To create a confident generation that is ready to face the challenges and overcome the hurdles of today’s world.
Strategies Used to Achieve the Goals
- Develop “Self Learning” skills in classrooms
- “Student-oriented” teaching methods
- Encourage and boost self confidence in students
- Cater to mixed ability groups
- Change in questioning techniques
- Encourage creative thinking
- Co-curricular & extracurricular activities
- Change in books and syllabus